Zaui offers the ability to sell Gift Certificates (either Open for any dollar amount configured, or Activity-Specific, for a particular tour and number of passengers). A Gift Certificate Notification contains the information necessary for the recipient to redeem the certificate.
|It's important to Enable a Gift Certificate Notification which will go out to the purchaser, for them to then either print or forward to the recipient of the gift!|
In this article, we will walk you through how to create this notification.
- Creating a Gift Certificate Notification
- Open Gift Certificate Email Template
- Activity Gift Certificate Email Template
- Customizing Your Email Templates
Creating a Gift Certificate Notification
- From the navigation bar, select Settings > Notifications.
- Select Gift Certificate Notification from the notification options on the left panel.
- Name your Notification (example Company Name - Gift Certificate).
- Don't forget to Enable it so it will send out automatically to the purchaser every time a Gift Certificate purchase is made.
- We recommend you add Zaui Core Bookings (not a portal) as well as the Default Portal in the Send Notification Only For These booking Portals section. This will ensure that anytime a Gift Certificate is purchased, whether it was done online or by one of your staff members in Zaui Core (back office), the gift certificate notification will send out.
Open Gift Certificate Email Template
If you are selling an Open Gift Certificate, the notification will include the value of the gift card.
Activity Gift Certificate Email Template
If you are selling an Activity Gift Certificate, the notification will include the image that is set up for that particular activity, as well as the activity description.
|You'll notice no value is indicated in this notification and that is because this type of gift certificate is issued for a specific tour or service for a specific number of guests. When redeemed, the gift certificate will cover the full cost of those guests. This type of gift certificate cannot be redeemed for cash.|
Customizing Your Email Templates
Smart Tags are heavily utilized with gift certificate notifications as gift certificates can be personalized, containing the recipient's name, messages for the recipient, a redemption code, and an ID. The example below shows the Gift Certificate setup (with smart tags).
Only the information in the red box will filter through for the Activity Gift Certificate notifications:
The Gift Certificate Amount will only be displayed for Open Gift Certificates notifications: