Zaui offers the ability to send your customers an invoice notification that will allow them to pay the remaining balance for their booking online through your internet portal.
Before you begin setting up these notifications you can set a flat or percentage deposit for online bookings within your internet portals.
- Perhaps you have a large priced item or you expect bookings further into the future that only require a deposit. Set this within Settings > Manage Internet Bookings > Manage Portals.
- Select your chosen portal.
- In Portal Settings and Configuration you will find the area to set a flat or percentage deposit.
- With invoice notifications, bookings made online by deposit only or bookings made in the back office with a balance remaining will have the invoice notifications scheduled if enabled to remind customers to pay before their activity date.
This article will cover the following topics:
- Steps to Enable Invoice Notifications
- Steps to Create a Booking Notification when Booking Paid in Full
Steps to Enable Invoice Notifications
- Create invoice notification under Settings > Manage Notifications > Email/SMS. Click on Invoice Notification from the shortcuts panel.
- Notification Information
- Notification Name: Give the notification an internal name, i.e. Invoice Notification.
- Enabled: Enable the notification in order for it to be sent out automatically.
- Schedule Type: Choose to send the notification to be sent immediately when a new tour is booked or send it scheduled prior to the start of the tour, i.e. 30 days prior to the tour.
If there is no remaining balance on the booking prior to the scheduled email being sent, the scheduled email will be cancelled and will not send.
- From Address: Choose to have your email be sent from the system email address set in your system settings or have another email address enabled in the field below.
- Email Notification Only for These Bookings Portals: If you only want the email to be sent from a specific internet portal chose the portal
- Subject: Email must have a subject line, you are able to use Smart Tags by using this symbol:
- Configure Email Recipients for this Notification - Choose to have your invoice notification be sent to the guest’s email address on the booking, the commission consultant, or the wholesale or commission company’s email address. You have the option to also add in additional email addresses.
- Send Notification for the Following - The invoice notification works just like the tour notifications: Choose to send when any activity, package, or product is sold. Alternatively, you can choose to send it only with specific activities or activity groups (categories), products, or packages.
- Message Body - All of our notifications are customizable using our smart tags as well as HTML code. For more information on smart tags and customizing email notifications check out this article.
Steps to Create a Booking Notification when Booking Paid in Full
After you’ve completed your invoice notification, you should create a booking notification when the booking has been paid in full.
- From the navigation bar, select Settings > Manage Notifications > Email/SMS.
- Click on Create a Booking Notification from the shortcuts panel.
- All fields work the same as outlined above; however, to let Zaui know to send an email once the guest has paid their balance, Set the Schedule Type to immediately when booking as been paid. Select paid from the dropdown list.