Zaui offers a variety of options for notifications. Here we will go over the unique purposes and best practices for Pre Tour Notifications.
We will cover:
- Pre Tour Notifications: What are they? And How are They Set up?
- Best Practices for Pre Tour Notifications
Pre-Tour Notifications: What are they? And How are They Set up?
The basics of setting up notifications can be found in our article on How To Create and Customize Your Confirmation Emails. We will, however, go over specific set-up aspects of a Pre Tour Notification briefly.
A pre-tour notification is different from a booking notification in that it will contain tour specific information. As the name states this is information you want to provide your guests before the tour.
- Go to Settings > Manage Notifications > Email/SMS
- When creating the notification be sure to select the correct type on the left sidebar. This is a Tour Notification
- This is a scheduled notification. Be sure when you are selecting how far in advance of the tour the notification will be sent that you are allowing enough time for guests to read and follow the information provided.
Best Practices for Pre Tour Notifications
- You want to provide guests with information specific to their tour. If your tour is outside on the water reminders to bring sunscreen and dry clothes would be examples of tour specific information. The effect this has is twofold; it both ensures your guest is prepared and gets them excited for the tour.
- Use smart tags. Smart tags are a great way to personalize the notification they pull information, such as the guest's name, into the notification. In the example(s) below the template has smart tags to pull guest and tour information as well as the tour information written directly into the template.
- Use auto-generated promo codes. This depends somewhat on your business model but if you are interested in cross-selling other services you offer this is an excellent way of doing so. You will want to work with your CSM or email Zaui Support. With this feature, you are providing your guest with a unique discount/ promo code to use on other services you offer.
- Remember your notifications are scheduled.
You may at some point want to disable a Pre Tour Notification. This is easily achieved by unchecking "Enabled" in your notification.
However, and this is true of all scheduled notifications, when a notification is disabled it does not cancel the scheduled notification (this is to say all the notifications in the queue to be sent).
You can cancel all scheduled notifications by date by going to Settings > Database Maintenance and Remove Notifications.