Gift certificates are an effective tool for improving cash flow as well as encouraging customer loyalty and promoting your business.
Open Gift Certificates are issued as a dollar amount applicable to any goods and services of the issuing company. They are not restricted to a specific product, activity, or service at that company.
Steps to Creating an Open Gift Certificate
- From the navigation bar, select Products > Create Gift Certificates > Open Gift Certificate.
- Enter the Number of Certificates to create.
- Set the Value for each Gift Certificate.
The Value and Quantity fields cannot be changed once the Gift Certificate is processed.
- Set the Expiry Date (this will automatically be set for two years into the future).
In some regions, it is illegal for a Gift Certificate to have an expiration date. System expiry dates are used for accounting and bookkeeping purposes to determine what Gift Certificates remain. Any Gift Certificates that have gone unredeemed can be honoured following the expiration date.
- Enter a Description.
- Enter Guest Information if needed.
- Enter the Purchaser's First and Last Name.
- Where desired, enter information into the remaining optional Purchaser Information fields.
- Click Process.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Payment Screen.
- Select the desired Method of Payment.
- Enter all payment details including Amount to Process.
- Click Process Payment.
- Print Cert after step 13 if needed.