Gift Cards are an effective tool for improving cash flow as well as encouraging customer loyalty and promoting your business.
Open Gift Cards are issued as a dollar amount applicable to any goods and services of the issuing company. They are not restricted to a specific product, activity, or service at that company.
Steps to Creating an Open Gift Card
|Before creating your Open Gift Card, you will need to enable your Gift Certificate Notification (so that the purchaser receives the Gift Card via email which they can then present to the recipient). Check out this article to find out how to set that up.|
- From the navigation bar, select Activity > Create Gift Cards
- Enter the number of GCs to create.
- Set the Value for each Gift Certificate.
The Value and Quantity fields cannot be changed once the Gift Certificate is processed.
- Set the Expiry Date (this will automatically be set for two years into the future).
In some regions, it is illegal for a Gift Certificate to have an expiration date. System expiry dates are used for accounting and bookkeeping purposes to determine what Gift Certificates remain. Any Gift Certificates that have gone unredeemed can be honoured following the expiration date.
- Enter a Description.
- Enter Guest Information.
- Enter the Purchaser's First and Last Name.
- Where desired, enter information into the remaining optional Purchaser Information fields.
- Click Process.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Payment Screen.
- Select the desired Method of Payment.
- Enter all payment details including Amount to Process.
- Click Process Payment.
- Print Cert after step 13 if needed.
|A Zaui Gift Card will be issued with two Gift Card Numbers. The GC# is what will be entered in Zaui Core (back office), and the Online ZT Code is what is to be entered for redemption on the Online Booking Engine. In the example below, "4" will be entered in Zaui Core (back office) as the GC number and "ZT-88442" on the OBE.|
Article is closed for comments.