If your company operates with Guides and/or Drivers, Zaui provides you with the ability to track hours or mileage on your equipment. Zaui uses the terms tasks and events to create these tracking measures. This article will go through the steps involved in setting up and managing Guide/Driver Assignments.
This article will cover the following topics:
- Assigning Guides/Drivers to Activities
- How do Guides/Drivers View their Schedules?
- How to Assign Guides/Drivers to Multiple Activities at once
- Manifest Settings for Guides
Assigning Guides/Drivers to Activities
First, ensure you have created your Guide or Driver Employee profiles. When doing so, make sure you check the Auto-create employee tasks for system events checkbox under the Employee Settings and Flags section.
There are two ways of assigning Guides/Drivers to activities in Zaui. The first is via the staff schedule, which is handy for bulk assignments. The second is directly on the home page dashboard, which is handy for on the fly assignment.
Assigning Staff from the Staff Schedule
- Once your Guides and/or Drivers are created, select Products > Scheduling Tools > Staff Schedule.
- Select either a Single Date or Multiple Dates you wish to assign your guide/driver to.
- Click on the icon next to the relevant activity to assign your newly created guide/driver.
- Click on Process to save this configuration.
- Repeat the above steps to assign your Guides and/or Drivers to any other activities.
Assigning Staff from the Dashboard (home page)
- Once your Guides and/or Drivers are created, return to the main dashboard on your home page and select the date on which you wish to assign a guide.
- Find the activity you need to assign a guide/driver on and click on the '0' under the Guides tab.
- This will bring you to a new page where you can Assign a Guide/Driver(s) and click on Add to Assign them to this particular activity, on this particular date.
- Click on Return to Desktop and you will notice a '1' under your Guides tab, and if you hover over the '1' it will tell you which guide is assigned to this activity.
- You can just as easily click on the assigned Guide name to remove the assignment if necessary.
- The system will prevent you from double-booking a Guide and/or Driver by checking if it is already assigned to an activity that overlaps in time.
How do Guides/Drivers View their Schedule?
There are a couple of ways for Guides/Driver to view their upcoming schedules. One is using the My Task List tab when they log into the Back Office, the second is via the Weekly Guide Schedule Report.
My Task List
The next time your Guide/Driver will log in to the Back Office, the My Task List located at the bottom of the home page dashboard will display the assignments created.
- Their task list will tell them when the task is due, what activity and date it is for, who created it, and whether or not they have completed the task.
- The employee can then click on Shift Hours Entry and fill out the information about the hours they worked and any information about the vehicle they may have used.
- This information will now be part of your Employee and Equipment Reports. (These reports must be enabled in the system under Settings > Manage Employees, and ensuring the Available for Reporting flag is enabled on the employee profile).
Weekly Guide Schedule Report
By default, the Guide Employee-Type will not have access to any reports. You can choose whether you would like an Administrator to download the Weekly Guide Schedule and forward it to their Guides/Drivers, or whether you would like to give your Guides/Drivers access to that report themselves.
- To provide your Guide/Driver Employee-types access to the Weekly Guide Schedule, navigate to Settings > Manage Employee Permissions, expand the following fields: Guides > Reports > Operations, and tick the Weekly Guide Schedule box.
- Make sure you remember to save this configuration.
To run the report follow these steps:
- From the navigation bar, select Reports > Operations > Weekly Guide Schedule > Activity View or Driver/Guide View.
- The Activity View Report will list all of your activities on a weekly basis and whether or not you have Guides/Drivers and/or Vehicles assigned to them.
- The system will only display drivers or guides/vehicles if they have been assigned. The format is as follows:
DRIVER or GUIDE | VEHICLE. In the following screenshot, the Guide/Driver 'Zaui Guest' was assigned but no vehicle was assigned to that tour --> .
- The Driver/Guide View will allow you to filter the schedule based on a specific Guide/Driver.
How to Assign Guides/Drivers to Multiple Activities at once
- From the navigation bar, select Settings > System Settings.
- Scroll down to the Zaui User Interface Settings to the Employee/Equipment Assignments section. This is where you can enable multiple assignments for employees.
- Don't forget to Save your changes.
Manifest Settings for Guides
By default, Guides/Drivers employee types are configured to see the manifests of activities they have been assigned to. Follow the below steps to allow them to see the Entire Day Manifest and/or EVERY activity-type manifest.
- To access these settings, select Settings > System Settings.
- Scroll down to the Zaui User Interface Settings to the Desktop section.
- Allow my employees to access the entire day manifest when logged in will provide guides/drivers access to the Entire Day Manifest in addition to the manifests of the activities to which they are assigned.
- Flagging Allow my employees to access all individual manifests when logged in will allow guides/drivers to view each separate manifest.