Custom Fields are a great feature at Zaui. They are used to ask for additional information from your customers at the time of checkout during a booking process. Some examples include shoe size, allergies, age restrictions etc.
This article will cover the following topics:
- How to Create a Custom Field
- Where are Custom Fields Displayed in the Booking Process?
- How does my Operations team view Custom Fields?
How to Create a Custom Field
- From the navigation bar, select Customers > Manage Custom Fields.
- Click on Create Custom Field from the shortcuts panel.
- A pop up will appear where you can enter details for your new custom field.
- The label would be the question or prompt for additional information, ex. Please specify your shoe size.
- Zaui allows you to configure your field in different formats:
Type of Field Use Case Example Text Please specify your shoe size(s) Date Please enter your birthday Checkbox Please acknowledge you meet the weight restrictions Numerical Dropdown
Life jacket size
- You have the ability to select whether filling in this field is required or not before completing the booking. If you set it to required, the system will prevent the completion of the booking until the customer fills in the required fields.
- Show on Itinerary if you would like the information to populate on customer itineraries.
- Assigned Activities allows you to select which activities you would like this custom field to display in when the customer is in the booking process.
- Click Save.
Where are Custom Fields Displayed in the Booking Process?
Once you have created your custom fields and have selected which activities they are related to, it's time to see where they will display during the booking process.
- In the Back Office, your custom fields will display in the Additional Fields section of the Booking screen (after you have clicked on the Activity Name on the home page).
Online Booking Engine
For your custom fields to display on the Online Booking Engine, you will first need to enable them in your Portal Settings.
- From the navigation bar, select Settings > Manage Internet Bookings > Manage Portals.
- Select the portal you wish to add the custom fields to, usually Default unless you have created more portals.
- Scroll down to the Booking Screen Setup section, and you will see your newly created custom field.
- Tick the box on the custom fields you wish to enable.
- Don't forget to scroll up to Save these changes.
Now that you have enabled your customer fields, let's see where they will display on the online booking engine for customers.
- On the Online Booking Engine, once the customer is on the checkout page where payment is processed, the custom fields will display under the Guest Details section.
How does my Operations Team View Custom Fields?
In order for you to view and manage the information customers fill into your custom fields, you will need to add these fields into your Activity Manifests.
- From the navigation bar, select Settings > Manage Manifest.
- Ensure you select the correct Manifest type to update on the top left-hand corner.
- In the list of Available manifest attributes, you will now see your newly created custom field.
- Simply drag and drop this attribute into a column or create a new column for it to be dragged into.
- Make sure you scroll down to the bottom of the screen and save these changes.
When you now look at your Activity Manifests from your main Dashboard, you will notice the information customers entered in the custom fields. This will enable your team to manage the information provided for your upcoming tours/activities.
For more information on setting up and managing Manifests, check out this article.