A lot of tours and activities offered have specific rules and restrictions in place that customers need to be aware of before making a purchase. For example, you may want to communicate to your customers that A minimum of 5 guests is required for each tour to operate, or that All tour guests must be over the age of 16.
This article will walk you through how to set up those notes & restrictions and where those display during the booking process.
This article will cover the following topics:
- Creating Notes & Restrictions
- Assigning Notes & Restrictions to Activities
- Viewing Notes and Restrictions
Creating Notes & Restrictions
- From the navigation bar, select Settings > Online Bookings > Notes and Restrictions.
- Click on Create Note/Restriction from the shortcuts panel.
- Type in the note or restriction you wish to communicate to your customers prior to them confirming a booking.
- Don't forget to Save your new note.
|The text field for Note/Restrictions is limited to 100 characters. Anything beyond that amount will not show. We recommend creating separate Notes/Restrictions for large character counts.
Assigning Notes & Restrictions
Now that you have created your notes & restrictions, it's time to assign them to your relevant activities.
- From the navigation bar, select Activities > Activity List.
- Click on the activity type you wish to create from the shortcuts panel OR on the existing activity.
- Scroll down to the Activity Notes and Restrictions section of the Basic Settings page and click on +Add Note/Restriction.
- A new line will appear where you can click on Select to upload the notes & restrictions you have previously created.
- You can add as many notes & restrictions as you'd like (but keep in mind you don't want your online activity page to be too cluttered with text).
- Don't forget to Save your activity.
Viewing Notes & Restrictions
Zaui Core (Back Office)
When you are about to make a booking in the Zaui Core (Back Office) on behalf of a customer, the notes & restrictions will be visible by clicking on the information icon on the main desktop, next to the activity you are looking to book.
A pop-up will appear where you can view information about your activity that you may want to share with your customer before they confirm their booking.
Online Booking Engine
When your customer is on the Online Booking Engine, they will see the notes & restrictions listed on the activity page, the same page where they are adding items to their cart before moving on to the check-out page.