With Zaui you can set up and sell gift cards online. You can set up both Activity Gift Cards and Open Gift Cards for sale online. This article will walk you through enabling and managing both of those gift certificate types.
This article will cover the following topics:
- Enabling Online Open Gift Cards
- Enabling Online Activity Gift Cards
- Setting an Expiry for Activity Gift Cards
Enabling Online Open Gift Cards
Open Gift Cards are issued as a dollar amount applicable to any goods and services of the issuing company. They are not restricted to a specific product, activity, or service at that company.
- From the navigation bar, select Settings > Online Booking > Portals and select the portal you would like to add Gift Cards to (usually Default).
- Within the portal, scroll down to the Gift Certificate Settings section.
- To configure the Open Gift Certificate option, you can select Offer Custom Amounts and/or you can offer Preset amounts. For example a Denomination of 10 to a maximum of 100.
- In the above case, this would appear online as follows:
- Once the amounts have been selected Save the changes to the portal. This portal will now display an additional tab where your guests can purchase their gift cards online.
Enabling Online Activity Gift Cards
- Your system will have the Activity Gift Certificate already enabled for online purchases.
You can disable this feature by navigating to Settings > Online Booking > Portals, select the portal you wish to disable this on (usually Default), scrolling down to the Gift Certificate Settings and unchecking the box next to Offer Activity Gift Cards.
- You'll notice an Activity tab on the Online Gift Certificate Page.
- This is where your customers will be able to select a specific activity they wish to purchase as a Gift Card and the number of passengers it will be valid for.
Check out our Webinar on Introducing Gift Cards for Activities.
Activity Gift Card Pricing Business Rules
- Only Tours with a Price Code can be sold as a Gift Card
- If there is a price on the current date, the Gift Card will use that, or the next upcoming price.
- If there are fluctuating prices throughout a single day, the gift certificate will select the peak price
Setting an Expiry for Activity Gift Cards
- To configure the expiry date navigate to Settings > Company Info and scroll down to the Zaui User Interface Settings.
- Under the Bookings/Reservations section, you'll notice the Online Gift Cards Expiry setting which you can adjust and Save.