This article will go over the different ways of blocking off an activity. Zaui gives you the flexibility of making an activity unavailable on a one-off basis or with what we call in Zaui, bulk cancellations.
You may need to cancel one of your activities for various reasons: holiday closures, understaffed, Interval activities with inconsistent time slots or events which may prevent you from offering your tour, for example.
This article will cover the following topics:
This method is useful if you need to make an activity unavailable for an extended date or time range.
- From the navigation bar, select Products > Manage Activities > Manage Activity Cancellations.
- Click on Create a Cancellations from the shortcuts panel.
- Select the Activity from the drop-down list.
- Apply to equipment is only relevant for rental equipment cancellations.
- Cancel all activities by date (or range) is used to close all business for a day or date range. This is useful for holidays.
- Set the Start Date and End Date of the cancellation.
- Set the Start Time and End Time of the cancellation.
The Start and End Time settings are important if you are cancelling certain time slots on an Interval activity.
- Provide a Reason for Cancellation.
- Click Save.
Go to Reports > Bookings > All Bookings on Activity, then run a report for the specific activity on the dates of the cancellation. This will show you if there are customers booked. If there are no customers booked, check that you do not already have a cancellation for that activity on the same day or with overlapping dates. The system is not able to cancel an activity twice.
Day of Cancellations
This method is useful for cancelling an activity or time slot on the day-of, usually due to unforeseen circumstances. The way to do Day of Cancellations will depend on your activity type.
Cancelling a Single Activity for Standard, Ticket or Point to Point Activities
- On the desktop calendar, select the day you wish to cancel your activity on.
- Select the next to the activity you wish to cancel. A dialogue box will appear.
- Apply cancellation to online bookings only will allow you to continue making bookings in the back office but will prevent customers from booking online. Leaving this box unchecked will create a system-wide cancellation disabling any bookings for that activity.
- Release Vehicles and Guides box will release any configured guides or drivers.
- Enter a Reason for Cancellation for tracking purposes.
- Click on Yes to complete the cancellation
Cancelling a Single Time Slot for Interval Activities
- On the desktop calendar, select the day you wish to cancel a time slot on.
- Select the Interval activity you wish to cancel.
- On the next page, click on the icon next to the time slot you wish to cancel.
- A popup will appear where you can select whether you want this cancellation only to apply to online bookings or system-wide.
- Make sure you enter a Reason for Cancellation for tracking purposes.
- Click on Yes to complete the cancellation.
From the interval screen, you can also cancel multiple time slots by checking the boxes for each time slot you wish to cancel and click on .
Cancellations can be removed at any time by clicking on this icon.
Cancelling a Single Piece of Equipment for Rental Activities
- On the desktop calendar, select the day you wish to block off a piece of equipment on.
- Select the Rental activity you wish to cancel.
- Click anywhere in the grey bar next to the piece of equipment you wish to block off.
- A popup will appear where you will want to select Cancellation as the Type.
- You can choose to block off this piece of equipment for a short time, all day or for multiple days.
- Make sure you enter a Reason for Cancellation for tracking purposes in the Additional Notes field.
- When you click Apply, you will be brought back to the Rental booking screen where that timeslot and piece of equipment is now blocked off.
How to Delete Cancellations
If you need to remove previously created bulk cancellations to re-open time slots or tours, follow these steps.
- From the home page, select Products > Manage Activities > Manage Activity Cancellations.
- From the Activity Cancellations list select the cancellation to be removed.
- Click Delete.
If you need to remove a day-of cancellation, find the date and activity you made your cancellation for on your desktop and click on this icon to remove the cancellation and re-open the timeslot or tour.