As a Zaui user, you will sometimes be required to refund customer bookings. This feature will allow Zaui users to credit a payment to be held under the customer's profile, allowing businesses to keep their funds and customers to apply their credit towards a booking at a later date.
This article will go over how to refund a booking to a customer profile and how to apply the credit for future use.
- What to Do First
- How to Create Credit for Future Use
- View and Manually Adjust Customer Credit Balance
- How to Redeem/Use Credit on File
What to Do First
- Make sure you have enabled the Credit on Account Payment Type in your System Settings if it is not already enabled, by navigating to Settings > Company Info and scrolling down to the Accepted Payment Types section.
- We recommend you also have Refund Reasons created in your system which can help you track why you provided customer credit.
- Customer Credit is applied to a customer profile where the system finds a match based on First Name, Last Name, Email & Phone Number. If one of those fields is missing or is different, the system will create a new profile and hold the credit there.
How to Create Credit for Future Use
- To move a payment to Customer Credit, open up the Booking in edit mode. From the Cart Summary View, scroll down and select Cancel/Refund Booking.
- Scroll down to the Refund section and select Refund to Credit as the Payment Method.
You can move any type of payment to a credit (whether it was originally paid by cash or credit card, for example).
- You will have a choice to refund credit to the customer on file or a company (if that scenario applies). This is also the section where you can select a Reason for Refund which you have previously created as well as any specific refund details to organize your records.
- The Amount to Process can be overridden to move some or all of the payment(s) to credit. For example, some businesses will keep a fee, and provide a partial credit to the customer. If there are multiple customer profiles on the booking, you can move credit partially to some or all of the customer profiles.
- Click on Apply Refund.
- On the next page, you will see the transaction posted. Proceed with cancelling the booking as usual.
View and Manually Adjust Customer Credit Balance
- From within a booking where you have refunded payment to credit, expand the Historical Notes on Booking section.
- A note with a hyperlink to the customer's profile has been recorded and can be used to quickly jump to the customer profile.
- Alternatively, you can reach customer balances by clicking on the Customers tab. Use the filters to find the correct customer profile.
- Click on the hyperlink to go to the customer profile where you can view the credit amount on file.
- The Customer Balance Section will outline any history of Credit or Debits along with a reference to the booking the credit was generated from or applied to.
- Click on Add Balance Adjustment to manually adjust the customer's balance on file. This can be useful if you want to offer credit for rebooking without making changes to any booking records, or manually debit the balance if you provide the customer with a refund externally from the system.
How to Redeem/Use Credit on File
- To use the credit that a customer holds, you first need to link the customer profile to the booking you are making. You can either use the Quick Add Button when making a booking and ensure you are filling the 4 required fields (First Name, Last Name, Email & Phone Number), or use the Lookup function on the Book an Activity page.
- Once the correct customer profile is linked to the booking, proceed with the booking details and to the Shopping Cart page to add a payment.
- Under Payment Method, select Credit on Account. Zaui will automatically let you know if there is any credit remaining under that customer profile.
- You have the ability to customize how much of the credit remaining you wish to apply to the booking (if not all of it) before processing the remaining balance via a different method of payment.
|Troubleshooting Tip - If no credit is found for the customer, you will not see the option to use customer credit, only company credit. Make sure that you have selected the correct customer profile by checking that the First Name, Last Name, Phone Number & Email match the customer profile. If one of these fields differs, Zaui cannot match the customer profile and will be unable to find their credit on file.|