This article will cover the following topics:
Defined as the point between which your price is calculated. For example, if you have pricing between Vancouver and Vancouver Airport, Vancouver Airport would need to be configured as a destination in your system. An example would be Vancouver.
Used to group pick-up locations that have similar pick-up times. A zone is required for a pick-up location to be created. Note that zones are not visible to customers during the booking process. An example would be Downtown Hotels.
Refers to a specific pick-up and drop-off location. These belong within a destination and a zone. An example would be the Marriott Hotel Downtown.
- From the navigation bar, select Settings > Locations > Destinations
- Click on Create a Destination from the shortcuts panel.
- Enter the Name.
- Province/State and Country are optional fields.
- Click Save.
- There is no need to check the Display this location for Online Point to Point Bookings box unless you are also using this for a Point to Point activity.
- From the navigation bar, select Settings > Locations > Zones.
- Click on Create Zone from the shortcuts panel.
- Enter the zone Name.
- Setting a Colour is a great tool to help drivers/guides visually see all pick-ups they have in a particular zone.
- If configured, the Override pick-up message with the field will override the system-generated pick-up messages that show on the clients' itinerary.
- Click Save.
Creating Pick-up Locations
|Pick-up Locations can only be assigned to ONE Destination and ONE Zone|
- From the navigation bar, select Settings > Locations > Pick-up & Drop-off Locations.
- Click on Create Pick-up Location from the shortcuts panel.
- Enter the pick-up location Name.
- Select a Pick-up Zone previously created.
- Select a Destination previously created.
- Fill in the Address of the pick-up location to ensure your customer will be at the right location.
- Display this location on Point to Point Capacity Report is automatically ticked, but can be removed if you don't want this location to show on your report or don't have any Point to Point activities. This report is accessible from the home page and calculates the vehicle capacity between stops along a route.
- Display required pick-up/drop-off address on online bookings is for residential pick-ups, a free form box will display on the online booking engine for people to type in their address.
- Enable This location as an Airport: This is another setting that is used specifically for Point to Point activities.
- Location-specific comments or notes will display on email confirmations as well as on the online booking engine. An example of this would be 'Please wait outside of the West entrance'.