GetYourGuide is one of the largest online travel agencies (OTAs) worldwide. GetYourGuide's marketplace specializes in offering tours, activities, attractions, transfers, seasonal sports, special excursions, and even cooking classes!
You can automate your relationship with GetYourGuide using API Connectivity and Zaui's Channel Manager. API Connectivity will allow your Zaui system and GetYourGuide to talk to each other. Specifically, GetYourGuide will be able to:
- Pull availability information;
- Create new bookings;
- Updated and cancel existing bookings in your Zaui system
Save time and money - no more email booking requests from GetYourGuide and manual booking entry!
This article will cover the following topics:
- Registering with GetYourGuide and Creating your product listings
- Creating GetYourGuide as an Agency in Zaui
- Enabling GetYourGuide channel in Zaui
- Mapping Products in GetYourGuide's Supplier Administration portal
- Important FYI's
Registering with GetYourGuide and Creating your product listings
You must have a Supplier Account with GetYourGuide and your products listed with them in order to use API Connectivity.
If you don't already have an account, you can sign up here. You will need to fill out the application with your company details, upload your business license, liability insurance, provide payment details, etc. You will also have to negotiate the commission/net rate with GetYourGuide at this stage. Please note Zaui is not involved here and cannot assist in this process.
If you haven't yet, please create product listings on GetYourGuide for tours/activities you are looking to offer on this marketplace. Contact your GetYourGuide Account Manager if you need assistance with this step.
Creating GetYourGuide as a Company in Zaui
All bookings created via API Connectivity automatically appear in Zaui as PAID with Voucher payment type, therefore it is important GetYourGuide is set up as a Wholesale Company in your Zaui system.
To set up GetYourGuide as a Wholesale Company:
- From the navigation bar, select Resellers > Companies > Company List. If GetYourGuide is not on the list of companies, click Create Company from the shortcuts panel. If it is on the list, click on it to view details.
- Fill out the Company Information section (only Company Name is required, other fields are optional).
- In Rate Type section, select Wholesale Discount/Invoice type and leave all boxes unchecked.
- In Rate Codes section, assign a rate code to GetYourGuide based on your negotiated commission/net rate with them and define to which products it applies. This will ensure your reports account for the correct Net Rate. Learn more about rate codes here.
Enabling GetYourGuide channel in Zaui
By default, API Connectivity is disabled to protect your business information. As a business manager/owner, you need to enable this for each Channel Partner and define any applicable rules.
To enable GetYourGuide channel:
- From the navigation bar, select Resellers > Channel Partners.
- Click on GetYourGuide on api.zaui.io on the list of channel partners.
- In Map reseller to account field within Channel Information section, select the GetYourGuide company created earlier.
- Check Enabled Channel box to turn this channel on.
- If you would like Zaui to also notify you via email every time GetYourGuide performs actions via API Connectivity (i.e. pulls a list of available activities, creates, updates, cancels bookings, etc.), check Enable Alerts box and enter email for notifications to be sent to.
If you see a message in the Channel and Exports section saying Your system has not been added to our Zaui I/O Platform. Please contact our office, please contact Zaui using this form or email firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know you would like to enable the GetYourGuide channel. Skip this step if this message is not shown.
- In the Channel Rules and Controls section, define which activities you allow GetYourGuide to access via API Connectivity and what rules to apply. Learn more about Channel Rules and Controls here.
- Don't forget to click Save.
- Once saved, click Download Supplier Mapping File. You will need this file for the following steps.
Mapping Products in GetYourGuide Supplier Administration Portal
Now that you have created GetYourGuide as a Wholesale Agency in Zaui, have enabled their channel and defined its' rules, you will have to let GetYourGuide know which of your products on GetYourGuide correspond to which activities in Zaui. This process is also called Product Mapping or API Mapping. You can do this by following the steps below or you can contact your Account Manager at GetYourGuide for assistance.
To map your GetYourGuide product to your Zaui Activity:
- Log in to GetYourGuide Supplier Administration Portal and go to Products > Manage Products.
- Click Edit Details next to the product you would like to connect to Zaui.
- Click Options in the header to view the list of options for this product
- Click Edit next to Connectivity Settings for options you would like to connect to.
- On the next page, next to Do you use a booking system for your availability? select Yes and choose Zaui from the list of booking systems.
- In the Product ID field, enter Supplier Activity ID for the corresponding Zaui activity from the Supplier Mapping File you downloaded earlier. Click Connect.
The Product ID for GetYourGuide will usually be in XXX_YYY format where XXX is a three-digit Supplier ID assigned to your Zaui system and YYY is a one-to-four digit Activity ID from your Zaui system. The easiest way to find your Product ID is to download the mapping file from Channel Manager.
- At this stage, GetYourGuide will test connectivity and try to obtain some availability for this product from your Zaui system. If this passes, the product will be connected.
- API Connectivity with GetYourGuide currently only supports Standard, Interval and Ticket activities in Zaui. Custom, Point to Point and Rental activities as well as Packages and Merchandise Products CANNOT be connected to GetYourGuide.
- Your passenger types in Zaui must exactly match ones on GetYourGuide product listing for the connection to work. It is not possible to change mapping for passenger types at this time. Zaui pricing options are cannot be connected.
- Make sure Zaui activity date ranges and start times on GetYourGuide are the same.
- As per GetYourGuide rules, connect product cut-off time cannot exceed 10 hours. Keep this in mind when setting up your product listing on GetYourGuide and defining Channel Rules in Zaui.
- GetYourGuide products with operating hours configuration are not supported by API Connectivity. Only products with start time configuration can be connected.