Introducing Zaui’s new Point-to-Point Timetable! This interface provides a more intuitive way to build routes and timelines into Point-to-Point activities. Instead of adding pick up and drop off zones separately, you can now add pickup and drop-off locations along with their corresponding arrival and departure times within a single visually organized table. This allows you to easily see the entire route, along with the specific stops and their corresponding arrival and departure times at a glance and quickly spot any data entry errors.
Creating Your Timetable
To create a timetable you will first need to have created your Destinations, Zones and Pick-up/Drop-off Locations. To learn more about how to set these components up, check out this article.
- Navigate to Activities > Activity List. Create a new Point to Point activity.
- In your point-to-point activity, scroll down to the Locations section and click + ADD DATE RANGE
- Select the Start Date, End Date, and days of the week this route will run.
- Choose the starting Location from the drop down menu which contains the list of all of your pre-configured Pick-Up & Drop-Off Locations.
- Select the second location along your route, then continue adding locations by clicking the + Add Location button until your entire route is created.
- Now it is time to add the arrival and departure times along your route. Enter the departure time for the first location. Note that as this is the starting point of the route, the drop off and arrival time options cannot be selected.
- Continue adding arrival and departure times for each location along your route and check the boxes to indicate whether the location is a drop off only, pick up only or both a pick up and drop off location.
- The system will help format the times for you. For example, if you enter ‘9’ into a box, it will format the time to 9:00 AM.
- The system will also provide validation checks to help prevent errors, for example if you enter 9:00 PM, then 8, it will indicate the arrival time as Next Day. Make any corrections to your route's timing as needed.
A completed timetable should like something like this:
- The next step is to add pricing to your timetable. Click Create Price Table button located beside the End Date box in the locations section. Clicking this button will open a new window with your entire route pre-filled. From here you will need to add prices for every pick up and drop off location combination. Once this is done, save your price table. For more information and to learn more about creating price tables check out this article.
- Now return to your Point to Point activity. Scroll down to the Pricing Information section and select + Add Price Table. Add the price table you just created.
- If your route or schedule changes throughout the week or year, click the + ADD DATE RANGE button and repeat the steps above to create your alternate timetables. The system will automatically populate the existing timetable so you can quickly make updates rather than starting from the beginning.
- Don't forget to click save once you have completed all the other relevant fields in your Point to Point activity.
Congratulations! You have now completed configuring your point to point timetable!
- Don't forget to create the route in reverse if round trip travel is an option. This involves creating a new point to point activity.
- Create a separate activity for each departure time