Every new Zaui system will come with a Default Portal. However, if needed, you have the ability to create multiple Portals for your Online Booking Engine.
Here, we will cover the following topics:
What are the benefits of having multiple Multiple Portals?
- The ability to manage different online brands.
- The ability to create custom booking engines for specific customer personas.
- Each booking engine can have its own brand, blackout dates, activities, and products.
- Creating branded, date-specific conference events.
- Useful for event planners.
- Special events can have their own brand.
- Groups and private events or bookings.
- Portals in different languages.
- Portals with different Payment Gateways.
The most important aspect of using this feature is that all booking portals are managed for your single installation of Zaui.
How do I Create a New Booking Portal?
- From the navigation bar, select Settings > Manage Internet Bookings > Manage Portals.
- By default, you will only have 1 booking portal (named Default) preconfigured in your Zaui system. To create a new booking portal:
- Click on Create New Portal from the shortcuts panel.
Configuring New Online Booking Portal Settings
- Portal Name will be the name you wish to give to this new online booking portal. This name will show in your list of portals and in your reports.
- Portal URL will be the default URL through which to access this new system online. By default, the system will create this under the /data/portals/ path in our systems. You have the ability to set a new name here, which might be different than the general name for the portal. Note: Because this is part of the URL, spaces and reserved characters will be filtered from the name.
- Portal Valid Start Date defines the first date that the portal is active
- Portal Valid End Date defines the last date that the portal is active
- Enable Internet Bookings for this Portal - this box will be checked by default. This is the global flag in the system that will either enable or disable internet bookings for this portal.
- If the above is not ticked, the Disable Internet Bookings Message will display if an attempt to make an online booking is made.
- By enabling Alert my staff when a booking occurs, an email will be sent to the Reservations Email that is configured in your System Settings every time an online booking is made.
- Send individual activity PDF's with email to customer will send PDF vouchers for each activity along with confirmation emails to customers.
- Send Bar Code images in email will automatically create and send individual bar codes for each item on the customer booking. These are created as individual images and can then be used for automated check-ins when scanning the bar code.
- Enable printable ticket/voucher will display a link to a printable ticket or voucher for the activities that the customer has purchased online.
- Display sold out tours will advertise your tours on the home page as sold out; customers will not be able to add the tours to their cart.
- Display spots remaining per activity will display the number of seats/spots remaining per activity.
- Enable calendar filter will show a calendar widget on the home page for customers to filter the tours by date.
- Auto collapse activity groups online will auto-collapse your package categories on the homepage.
- Auto collapse product groups online will auto-collapse your products categories on the homepage.
- Combine point to point activities into a single group will place all point to point activities under the shuttle and scheduled service category.
- Point to Point Group Name for portal will enable you to rename the category group name for your point to point group to what you would like, ie - Jasper Shuttles.
- Allow promo codes with affiliate bookings will allow affiliates the use of promo codes online. Keep in mind that affiliates already have a commission or net rate, therefore the use of promo codes would allow further discounts.
- Default language will set the default language of the Online Booking Engine.
- Custom Home Link URL will enable a custom home URL from the portal. The default will bring the user back to the home page of the portal. You can set this to bring them back to your website if you like.
- Payment Gateway enables a unique payment gateway for this portal only. For instructions on setting up additional payment gateways, check out this article.
- Enable Multi Currencies will allow online customers to choose which currency they wish to pay with based on system-created currencies. For instructions on setting up multiple currencies, check out this article.
- Display lowest price calculation per activity will enable the calculation for lowest price online for your customers.
- Enable deposit ONLY for online purchases enable this to charge either a flat or percentage deposit of the booking total. The remaining balance will be left outstanding.
Date Restrictions and Threshold Settings
Set the Minimum Time or Maximum Time Required to Make an Internet Booking (for specific activity-types) to limit how close to the activity's departure time customers are able to make online bookings. As well as how far into the future they are able to make a booking.
Booking Portal Activity, Product and Package Settings
|Allow ANY Activity||This will allow any activity that you have configured + its published category to be sold online while taking into consideration your portal start/end dates as well as the restriction dates.|
Allow ONLY these Activity Groups
|This enables only a subset of categories to be sold through the online booking portal.|
|Allow ANY Merchandise Products||This will allow any product that you have configured and published to be sold online.|
|Allow ONLY these Merchandise Product Groups||This will enable only a subset of merchandise to be sold through the online booking portal.|
Gift Certificate Settings
If you would like to sell Gift Certificates online, you can enable either or both of the following flags:
- Offer Custom Amounts allows the customer to enter the amount for the gift certificate they wish to purchase.
- Offer Preset Denominations allows you to set the denominations, up to a maximum, that you wish to offer to your customers for purchase. Denominations of 25 to a maximum of 100, for example, will create options for $25, $50, $75 and $100.
Analytics and Adwords Configuration
This section allows you to set up and configure a specific google analytics account for which to start tracking traffic statistics.
Internet Booking Branding Management
This section is where you can customize some of the branding for your Online Booking Engine.
The Primary Colour will impact the Calendar Dates, Path to the Activity Page, More Information and the Cancellation Policy title colours.
The Secondary Colour will impact the Tour Name, Month in the Calendar, Duration, Time, Total Price, Notes/Restrictions and any Add-on Packages Titles.
The Call to action colour will impact the buttons reading Add to Cart, Continue, Checkout, Cart Number etc.
Booking Screen Setup
The configuration of your Default portal will be mirrored for any additional portals. Check out the Booking Screen Setup section of this article for more details on customization.