In our previous article, we discussed the steps all Zaui customers need to take to request consent for collecting data and how to be clear about what this information will be used for.
This article covers how data subjects can request to remove the personal data you have collected about them and the steps to take in Zaui to fulfill these requests.
What is Personal Data?
Personal data is any information that can be used to identify a person. This could be a single piece of data or multiple pieces of data that when compiled or seen together identify a person or distinguish one person from another.
From the full-text legislation (Article 4):
"personal data" means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person"
The types of personal data you may typically collect in Zaui include:
- Guest name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Physical attributes such as height or weight
How to Delete Personal Customer Data in Zaui?
|To delete the personal data of a guest, you need access to the Customer menu item and Database Maintenance menu item within the system settings. If you don't have access to one or both of these areas, ask one of the admins of your system for help.|
Before starting this process, you will need to know the ID for the customer profile you are trying to remove.
- Click on the Customers menu item
- Search for the customer using either the first or last name or both
- Make note of the Customer ID listed in the first section, Guest Username and Password (API Access)
- From the Settings menu list, click on Database Maintenance.
- Under the Other Maintenance section in the menu bar on the left side of your screen, click to REMOVE customer details
- Enter the Customer ID and click to Search
- Once the page has loaded, you can click on the grey "X" next to the name of the guest for each line of information you need to remove
- The system will ask you to confirm that you want to proceed with removing all personal information for that guest. To make the changes, click OK.
Create a ticket with this information and we will inform you as soon as this has been done.
|Under the GDPR legislation, the removal of personal information must be completed within 30 days of the original request.|
Make it easy for guests to opt-out
Ensure all your email communications have a clear unsubscribe link. Transactional emails - your confirmation/edit/cancellations are exempt.
|Be careful how you use your scheduled pre and post-tour emails. They may be considered promotional by your customers. The best practice is having a clear unsubscribe link in these types of emails.|
Article is closed for comments.