Often a booking needs to have a comment or note attached for the tour guide, agent, driver, or guest. Within Zaui you have the option of using Public and/or Secure comments.
Public comments will appear on manifests, reports, and also the itinerary you send to your guest. Secure notes will appear for an agent within the Show Historical Notes on Booking section.
Secure Notes added from the shortcuts panel after the booking is made will also be available on the driver's manifest but they will not appear on the confirmation/itinerary you send to your guest.
The example below shows a manifest with both a public and an added secure note. The public comment is on the top and the secure note is on the bottom.
The confirmation sent for this booking (below) shows only the public comment.
In this article, we will go through the steps for creating:
- Public Comments
- Secure Note from Booking Information
- Secure Note From Shortcuts Panel
- Secure Note From Booking Search
Public comments are displayed on the itinerary, manifests and reports.
- If you are adding a public comment to an existing booking your first step will be to find the booking from the search bar (if putting a public comment directly in while making the booking start from step 4).
- Click the Edit Booking option from the shortcuts panel.
- Click on the Activity Name to proceed to the Booking Screen.
- Scroll down the page to Additional Notes/Comments.
- Click Comments and enter your note/comment.
- Enter your Note/Comment.
- Click Update and Checkout.
- Click Process Booking.
Secure Note In Booking Information
Secure Notes are displayed under the Show Historical Notes section on the itinerary.
- To add a secure note which will only display within the Show Historical Notes on Booking of the itinerary for agents, you will add the note from the booking screen. At the top of the screen when booking you will see the Booking Information section. Expand this section and add the note here:
When the booking is made, if you expand the Show Historical Notes on Booking section you will find the Secure Note. This note will only appear here:
Secure Note From Shortcuts Panel
- To add a secure note from the shortcuts panel you will look up the reservation from the search bar.
- From the shortcuts panel select Add Secure Note.
- From here a pop-up will appear where you can add your secure note.
- Your note will appear in the Show Historical Notes on Booking for the agent looking at the booking but this note will also appear on the manifest for staff using the manifest.
How to Add a Secure Note From a Booking Search
- Enter the booking number in the search bar and select search.
- From the resulting search, you can click on the icon to attach a note to the booking.
- From here you can write and save the note.
- This note will only appear in the Show Historical Notes on Booking section of the booking.