Zaui provides businesses with the opportunity to sell Products in addition to Activities, or on their own. Products are defined as items without a time and date associated.
Some companies will use the Product functionality of Zaui to manage retail sales and inventory. Other companies might use the Products functionality to sell cancellation insurance across all activities offered, or up-sell equipment rental (ie GoPro, Goggles) with a specific activity.
This article will go over the following topics:
- Creating Product Categories
- Creating Products
- Adding Products to Specific Activities
- Viewing and Selecting Products for Sale
Creating Product Categories
Before creating products, you will want to create categories to organize your products under.
- From the navigation bar, select Products > Manage Products > Categories.
- Click on Create Category from the shortcuts panel.
- Enter the Name of the categories (ie - Snacks, Up-sell Items, Insurance).
- Upload an Image.
- By selecting Publish to Internet this product is available to purchase online.
- Enter the Description for this category (optional).
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps for other categories to be created.
For best results, use a square image. File size must be less than 100 KB, at least 250px x 250px and must be .jpg / .jpeg.
Now that you have created the categories under which your products will fall, you can start creating all of your products for sale.
- From the navigation bar, select Products > Manage Products > Manage All Products.
- Click on Create Product from the shortcuts panel.
- Enter the Name of the product (ie - GoPro, Gloves, Chocolate Bar, Cancellation Insurance).
- Select a Category previously created.
- By selecting Publish to Internet, this product is available to purchase online.
- By selecting Available online for any activity/tour, customers will be prompted to buy this product for every activity they book online.
- Enter the Unit (Cost) Price (excluding tax).
- Enter the List (Retail) Price (excluding tax).
- Enter the Quantity in Stock or check Allow Free Sell if applicable to your product.
- Select which taxes to apply to this product.
- Enter product Description (optional).
- Click Save.
- A quick way to create other Products is to click on the Duplicate button once the initial product is saved and edit any changes.
Adding Products to Specific Activities
Once you have created your products, you can assign which activities you would like them to be linked to, book them a la carte on any activity or book products on their own. To attach products to specific activities:
- From the navigation bar, select Products > Manage Activities > Manage All Activities.
- Create or select an existing activity you would like to add your products to.
- On the activity set-up page, select Additional Settings and scroll down to the Merchandise Products Available on this Activity/Tour section.
- Here you can click +Add and add the products you have set-up.
- Don't forget to Save any changes.
Viewing and Selecting Products for Sale
- To add a-la-carte products to any activity in the back office, scroll down to the last section on the booking screen in the back office and click on Add under the Add a Product section.
- Any products you have linked to the activity will appear on a new page once you click on Add to Cart or Add and Checkout on your booking screen. You will be able to add any of those products to the cart before continuing to the Checkout page.
- You can sell products only from the back office by navigating to the shortcuts panel on the left-hand side and clicking on Top Selling Selling Products > Browse All Products.
Online Booking Engine
- Your Online Booking Engine will have a separate Category for any Products you set-up. This is where customers can go to add products to their cart, in addition to their activities.
- If you would like the Online Booking Engine to suggest added products during the booking process, make sure you add those products on the activity set-up page in the back office first.
- Once the customer has added that particular activity to their cart, a pop-up will appear where they have the option to add those products to their cart before continuing to the check-out page.