When it comes to Rental activities, it is common for a piece of equipment to go out of commission temporarily. This article will walk you through the three different methods to temporarily remove a specific piece of equipment on a Rental activity and ensure it is not bookable.
This article will cover the following topics:
Cancelling from the Rental Screen
This method is useful if you need to immediately remove a piece of equipment on the day-of.
- From the desktop's calendar widget, select the date you wish to edit rental equipment availability on.
- Then, click on the Rental activity you wish to customize equipment availability for. Don't worry if you forgot to select the relevant date first, you can do so in the next window too.
- Click in the row for the piece of equipment you want to cancel. Example below, Horse_2(1).
- A pop-up will appear which you would normally use to create a booking. Simply click on the Cancellation type instead.
- This is where you can customize how long you wish to cancel this piece of equipment for. Make sure you include a reason for cancelling the equipment in the Additional Notes field.
- Click on Apply.
- The cancellation will appear as a red bar, and when hovering over it, you will see the details. Bookings cannot be made over top of a cancellation.
Cancelling from Activity Cancellations Settings
This method is useful for cancelling multiple pieces of equipment at once, in other words, bulk cancellations.
- From the navigation bar, select Products > Manage Activities > Manage Activity Cancellations.
- Click on Create a Cancellation on the shortcuts panel.
- Select the Rental Activity you would like to cancel equipment on.
- Select which pieces of equipment you wish to cancel. You can select more than one.
- Set the Start and End Date of the cancellation.
- Set the Start and End Time of the cancellation.
- Enter a Reason for Cancellation, such as broken part, injured or out of commission.
- Don't forget to Save your activity cancellation.
Go to Reports > Bookings > All Bookings on Activity, then run a report for the specific activity on the dates of the cancellation. This will show if there are passengers booked. If there are no passengers, check that you do not already have a cancellation for that activity on the same day. The system is not able to cancel an activity twice.
This method is useful if you need to schedule equipment downtime for regular maintenance.
- From the navigation bar, select Settings > Manage Inventories/Pools > Manage Equipment Downtime.
- Click on Schedule Downtime on the shortcuts panel.
- Enter a Name to describe the downtime such as Scheduled Maintenance.
- Select a Piece of Equipment or an Equipment Pool.
- Enter the Start and End Date, as well as the Start and End Time of the downtime.
- Don't forget to Save your new equipment downtime.
- Downtime will appear on the equipment screen of that rental activity and no bookings will be able to be placed on that piece of equipment during the downtime.