Many suppliers receive booking requests via email, which necessitates a manual process of entering the requests into their booking system. For instance, a customer may directly email a supplier to make a booking request, or a reseller may contact a supplier via email to make a booking on behalf of their client, especially if the reseller's own booking system encountered an error. This manual process can be time-consuming for suppliers who have to create these bookings from the emails received.
TourConnect offers a solution to this challenge. It is a Google Chrome extension that can extract the relevant information from booking requests received via email and seamlessly generate the booking in the supplier's reservation platform with just a few clicks.
Installation and Setup
- Sign up for TourConnect by filling in your information and making sure to select Zaui as the booking system.
- You will receive an email from tour connect to verify your email address.
- You will be redirected to your next steps. Make sure to install and turn on the TourConnect extension. You can find a video on how to complete this step HERE.
- Head back to your Zaui System and go to Settings > Marketplace. Productivity category and find TourConnect AI. Click the TourConnect AI title.
- Enable TourConnect and Save App Settings
- Go to your email inbox and find a booking request This will trigger the TourConnect extention to open. If it does not, click the TourConnect AI icon on the right.
- On your TourConnect tool select the gear icon and add a new integration (you only need to do this step once per connection.
Zaui will email you your Supplier ID. If you haven't received the Supplier ID within 24 hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The first integration will be for Direct Booking. Enter the supplier ID you received in your email from Zaui and click Save.
- Any new integration will be a Partner (Affiliate/Reseller) integration. To add a new reseller, select the + again and enter the reseller name (i.e GetYourGuide) and Reseller ID.
You will find the reseller ID in your Zaui System by going to Reseller > Companies > Company List > [COMPANY NAME]
The company used to connect with the TourConnect integrations must be set up as a wholesale company. For more on setting up companies, check out this article here.
- The final step before you're ready to start using tour connect is to verify which activities TourConnect has access to. By default, TourConnect will have access to all activities. If you want to limit access to only certain activities, go to Resellers > Channel Partners > Tour Connect. Expand the Channel Rules at the bottom. Under Activity Configuration select "Only these Activities to be Sold" and Add the activities you want TourConnect to be able to access. Don't forget to click Save at the top of the page when you're done.
- Go to your email inbox and find a booking request. the TourConnect Extention should open automatically. If it does not, click the TourConnect AI icon on the right.
- Make sure you're in the Bookings tab and select "Prefill From Email" to import data from the email to your TourConnect extension.
- The information from the email should automatically populate into the TourConnect extension.
Make sure you select the correct Partner/Affiliate and that any missed fields are filled in.
- Once you have verified all the booking details are correct and have selected the correct amount of passengers, the system will do a quick availability check. click Book Now
- You can now log into your Zaui system and verify the booking has been created.
If you are experiencing issues setting up your TourConnect integration, please reach out to email@example.com for assistance.