Zaui offers the ability to sell Gift Cards (either Open for any dollar amount configured, or Activity-Specific, for a particular tour and number of passengers). A Gift Card Notification contains the information necessary for the recipient to redeem the card.
|It's important to Enable a Gift Card Notification that will be sent to the receiver!|
In this article, we will walk you through how to create this notification.
- Creating a Gift Card Notification
- Open Gift Card Email Template
- Activity Gift Card Email Template
- Customizing Your Email Templates
Creating a Gift Cards Notification
- From the navigation bar, select Settings > Notifications.
- Select Gift Card Notification from the notification options on the left panel.
- Name your Notification (example Company Name - Gift Card).
- Don't forget to Enable it so it will send out automatically to the purchaser every time a Gift Card purchase is made.
- We recommend you add Zaui Core Bookings (not a portal) as well as the Default Portal in the Send Notification Only For These booking Portals section. This will ensure that anytime a Gift Card is purchased, whether it was done online or by one of your staff members in Zaui Core (back office), the gift card notification will send out.
Open Gift Card Email Template
If you are selling an Open Gift Card, the notification will include the value of the gift card.
Activity Gift Card Email Template
If you are selling an Activity Gift Card, the notification will include the image that is set up for that particular activity, as well as the activity description.
|You'll notice no value is indicated in this notification and that is because this type of gift card is issued for a specific tour or service for a specific number of guests. When redeemed, the gift card will cover the full cost of those guests. This type of gift card cannot be redeemed for cash.|
Customizing Your Email Templates
Smart Tags are heavily utilized with gift card notifications as gift cards can be personalized, containing the recipient's name, messages for the recipient, a redemption code, and an ID. The example below shows the Gift Card setup (with smart tags).
Only the information in the red box will filter through for the Activity Gift Card notifications:
The Gift Card Amount will only be displayed for Open Gift Cards notifications:
Printable Gift Cards
To make it easy for the purchaser of a gift card to print out a copy to give as physical gift, you can opt to send a printable pdf copy of gift card. Configure this in your online booking portal settings.
Go to Online Bookings > Portals. Choose the portal you want to enable it for and look for the setting 'Send individual activity PDFs with email to customer'.
Note that this will enable pdf creation for all activities booked via that portal. If you only want to send pdfs when gift gards are purchased, create a specific portal just for the purpose of selling gift cards.
Disable all activity, product and packages for the portal:
And enable gift cards - activity-based, amount-based or both.
Don't forget to update your website's links to book Gift Cards online!
Article is closed for comments.