Zaui offers the ability to sell Gift Cards (either Open for any dollar amount configured, or Activity-Specific, for a particular tour and number of passengers). A Gift Card Notification contains the information necessary for the recipient to redeem the card.
In this article, we will walk you through how to create this notification.
- Creating a Gift Card Notification
- Open Gift Card Email Template
- Activity Gift Card Email Template
- Customizing Your Email Templates
Creating a Gift Cards Notification
- From the navigation bar, select Settings > Notifications.
- Select Gift Card Notification from the notification options on the left panel.
- Name your Notification (example Company Name - Gift Card).
- Don't forget to Enable it so it will send out automatically to the purchaser every time a Gift Card purchase is made.
- We recommend you add Zaui Core Bookings (not a portal) as well as the Default Portal in the Send Notification Only For These booking Portals section. This will ensure that anytime a Gift Card is purchased, whether it was done online or by one of your staff members in Zaui Core (back office), the gift card notification will send out.
Open Gift Card Email Template
If you are selling an Open Gift Card, the notification will include the value of the gift card.
Activity Gift Card Email Template
If you are selling an Activity Gift Card, the notification will include the image that is set up for that particular activity, as well as the activity description.
Customizing Your Email Templates
Smart Tags are heavily utilized with gift card notifications as gift cards can be personalized, containing the recipient's name, messages for the recipient, a redemption code, and an ID. The example below shows the Gift Card setup (with smart tags).
Only the information in the red box will filter through for the Activity Gift Card notifications:
The Gift Card Amount will only be displayed for Open Gift Cards notifications: