In Zaui, we often refer to Commission or Wholesale Rate Codes. A Rate Code is a fee paid to a third-party reseller, either as a percentage of the total cost or as a flat rate per unit sold.
This article will cover the following topics:
How do I create a Rate Code?
- From the navigation bar, select Settings > Manage Commission Rate Codes.
- Click on Create Code from the shortcuts panel.
- Enter the commission code Name.
- Set the Type, Flat or Percentage.
- Use the Rate field to enter a percentage commission and the Adult, Senior, etc. fields for flat rate amounts.
- Click Save.
What can I apply a Rate Code to?
Once they have been created, rate codes can be applied to:
|An activity||A Company||An Agent|
When you add a rate code to one of these areas, you must also supply additional criteria for the rate code, namely:
- Valid date ranges for the rate code
- If the rate code is a commission or Wholesale (Discount/Invoice) rate
- What activities or products this rate code applies to for the date range
By doing this, you can have multiple rate codes for a single activity, company or agent.
Hierarchy of Rate Codes
Since you could have a rate code for an activity, a company, and an agent, the system will determine what code should be used based on the following hierarchy:
- If it's applied to the activity, it will use this rate code above the company and the agent.
- If it's NOT applied to an activity, it then looks at the agent and uses that.
- If it's NOT applied to the activity, and it's NOT applied to the agent, it will use the company.
- If it's NOT applied to any of these, no rate code is used.