In Zaui, we often refer to Commission or Wholesale Rate Codes. A Rate Code is a fee paid to a third-party reseller, either as a percentage of the total cost or as a flat rate per unit sold.
For information on using Commission Rate Codes, check out this article.
For information on using Wholesale Rate Codes, check out this article.
This article will cover the following topics:
How do I create a Rate Code?
- From the navigation bar, select Settings > Pricing > Commission Rates.
- Click on Create Code from the shortcuts panel.
- Enter the commission code Name.
- Set the Type, Flat or Percentage.
- Use the Rate field to enter a percentage commission and the Adult, Senior, etc. fields for flat rate amounts.
- Click Save.
What can I apply a Rate Code to?
Once they have been created, rate codes can be applied to:
|An activity||A Company||An Agent|
When you add a rate code to one of these areas, you must also supply additional criteria for the rate code, namely:
- Valid date ranges for the rate code
- If the rate code is a commission or Wholesale (Discount/Invoice) rate
- What activities or products this rate code applies to for the date range
By doing this, you can have multiple rate codes for a single activity, company or agent.
Hierarchy of Rate Codes
Since you could have a rate code for an activity, a company, and an agent, the system will determine what code should be used based on the following hierarchy:
- If it's applied to the activity, it will use this rate code above the company and the agent.
- If it's NOT applied to an activity, it then looks at the agent and uses that.
- If it's NOT applied to the activity, and it's NOT applied to the agent, it will use the company.
- If it's NOT applied to any of these, no rate code is used.
|Rate codes are used for commission calculations and wholesaler net rate calculations.|
Article is closed for comments.