Reserve with Google is an exciting new feature from Google that allows users to see tours and activities available nearby and book instantly. Reserve with Google allows for the availability of products to be updated in real-time using Google Maps.
The core of Reserve with Google is the ability to go directly from a search result in Google or a map view, to book an activity. Everything is done through a fluid and optimized mobile booking experience. Reserve with Google differs from other reseller connections in that you will receive payments to your bank account immediately through the connection as your tours are booked!
You can automate your relationship with Reserve with Google using API Connectivity and Zaui's Channel Manager. API Connectivity will allow your Zaui system and Reserve with Google to talk to each other. Specifically, Reserve with Google will be able to:
- Pull availability information;
- Create new bookings;
- Update and cancel existing bookings in your Zaui system
This article will cover the following topics:
- Compatibility Requirements
- Registering with Reserve with Google and Creating your product listings
- Creating Reserve with Google as a Company in Zaui
- Enabling Reserve with Google channel in Zaui
Reserve with Google currently has requirements that integrated companies need to meet in order for the connection to be possible. If you don't already have one, make sure you create a Google My Business account.
- Stripe is the only Payment Gateway currently compatible with Reserve with Google. (If you are set-up on our Zaui Free Model, check out this article for how to get set-up with Stripe, otherwise, follow steps in this article for setting up Stripe on our Enterprise/Enterprise+ Payment models).
- Make sure you copy your Stripe Publishable API Key from your Stripe account and paste it in the Payment Gateway Configuration box as seen below (Settings > Credit Card Processing).
- The country your company is based out must be one of Reserve with Google's Supported Countries.
- Your Google Maps Address in Zaui must match exactly the address and business name associated with your Google My Business directory listing. To set your address and business name in Zaui, go to Settings > System Settings and to the Company Information section.
- Reserve with Google will not give the option for guests to enter any fields other than the ‘First Name’, ‘Surname’ ‘Telephone Number’, ‘Email’, and ‘Special Requests’. Any other customer fields ie - ‘Hotel Pickup’ will not appear during the booking process. This is currently all the integration that is supported by Reserve with Google.
- Reserve with Google requires an Activity Name; it must be in English and cannot contain Emojis.
- Reserve with Google requires a Primary Activity Description; it must be in English and cannot contain Emojis.
- Your Activity Name and/or Description must specify any additional details of where the activity begins if different than the business address and what is being booked.
<h1>, <h2>, <h3>, <h4>, <h5>, <h6>
Paragraphs with breaks, bolding, and italics
Unordered and ordered lists
<ul> <ol> <li>
Tours and Activities cannot represent any of the following:
- Services that last longer than 24 hours, so no multi-day packages, for example.
- Be Accommodation as it is not currently supported
- Services that require additional steps in the booking flow, such as filling out a waiver.
Registering with Reserve with Google and Creating your Product Listings
Connecting to Reserve with Google is as simple as enabling the channel in Zaui. Once the channel is enabled, Google will pick up on your system within 24 hours as long as the information in your Zaui system matches the information listed in your Google Business listing. Once this connection is established, all the tours you've made available in the channel (that are compatible with Google) will become bookable within your Google listing.
See: System-level Requirements
Creating Reserve with Google as a Company in Zaui
It is important Reserve with Google is set up as a Wholesale Company in your Zaui system.
To set up Reserve with Google as a Wholesale Company:
- From the navigation bar, select Contacts > Manage Companies > List Companies. If Reserve with Google is not in the list of companies, click Create Company from the shortcuts panel. If it is on the list, click on it to view details.
- Fill out the Company Information section (only Company Name is required, other fields are optional).
- Set the Rate Type as Wholesale.
- Google does not charge commissions, therefore all fields in the Rate Codes sections should be left blank.
Enabling Reserve with Google Channel in Zaui
By default, API Connectivity is disabled to protect your business information. As a business manager/owner, you need to enable this for each Channel Partner and define any applicable rules.
To enable Reserve with Google channel:
- From the navigation bar, select Contacts > Manage Channel Partners.
- Click on Google Reserve on api.zaui.io on the list of channel partners.
- In Map reseller to account field within the Channel Information section, select the Reserve with Google company created earlier.
- Check Enabled Channel box to turn this channel on.
- If you would like Zaui to also notify you via email every time Reserve with Google performs actions via API Connectivity (i.e. pulls a list of available activities, creates, updates, cancels bookings, etc.), check Enable Alerts box and enter email for notifications to be sent to.
- In the Google Reserve Setup section, select your Stripe payment gateway (Required)
- In Channel Rules and Controls section, define which activities you allow Reserve with Google to access via API Connectivity and what rules to apply. Learn more about Channel Rules and Controls here.
- Don't forget to click on Save.
Bookings made via Reserve with Google will show in your Zaui system as being 'Paid' by Credit Card. Review and reconciliation of these payments are done in the same manner as regular credit card payments and there is no invoicing required.