Zaui comes with the ability to set up integrations with other platforms.
Follow these steps to check out what platforms Zaui is currently integrated with:
- From the navigation bar, select Settings > Apps & Integrations.
- Here, you will see a list of available integrations you can enable in your Zaui system.
This article will specifically touch on the Google Tag Manager integration.
This article will go over the following topics:
Why use Google Tag Manager?
Google Tag Manager is a hot technology that allows marketers to use one container for all their web code tags. This, in turn, frees marketers from their dependency on IT or web development departments—when they want to add or alter a snippet of analytics or tracking code, they can do it themselves by adding it to the existing tag container.
How to Connect Google Tag Manager with Zaui
There are just a few steps involved in connecting Google Tag Manager with Zaui:
Step 1: Create an Account with Google Tag Manager
- You will first need to create an account with Google Tag Manager. Go to their website and sign-up for free.
Step 2: Set up your Google Analytics tracking ID as a variable in GTM (Google Tag Manager)
- Click on Variables from the left sidebar menu
- Click on the New button to create a User Defined Variable
- To the right of Variable Configuration, click on the Pencil icon to edit your new variable
- Scroll down until you see Google Analytics Settings and click to select it
- Input your Google Analytics Tracking ID and leave the Cookie Domain as auto
- Then click to expand the More Settings section and click to expand Fields to Set
- Click Add Field and in the Field Name section, click on the allowLlinker field and type in "true" in the value field:
- The last step is to config the cross domain tracking section. Click to expand the Cross Domain Tracking section and enter in both your website AND your Zaui system URL:
- Click to Save all of your changes in the top right hand corner
Step 3: Copy your GTM Container ID
- Once your account with GTM has been created, you can find your Container ID at the top of your system page:
- Copy this code.
- Then, go back to your Zaui system. From the navigation bar, select Settings > Apps and Integrations.
- Click on the Google Tag Manager Settings button.
- Add the GTM Container ID to the field and then select which portals you want to enable the tracking on as well as enable the Data Layer.
- Toggle the Enabled button on and don't forget to Save Settings.
Article is closed for comments.