Founded in 2014, Klook is a world-leading travel activities and services booking platform. Klook gives travellers a seamless way to discover and book popular attractions, tours, local transportation, best foods and unique experiences around the world on its website and award-winning app (consecutive Best of Year awarded by Google Play and Apple App Store). Each day, Klook empowers countless travellers to indulge in their wanderlust and spontaneity through over 100,000 offerings in more than 400 destinations.
If you are planning to work with Klook or already are, you can automate your relationship with them using API Connectivity and Zaui's Channel Manager.
API Connectivity will allow your Zaui system and Klook to talk to each other. Specifically, Klook will be able to:
- Pull availability information;
- Create new bookings;
- Update and cancel their existing bookings in your Zaui system. All based on the rules you set.
Save time and money - let Klook bookings automatically flow into your Zaui system! No more email booking requests and manual data entry.
This article will cover the following topics:
- Registering with Klook, Creating your Products
- Creating Klook as a Company in Zaui
- Enabling the Klook channel in Zaui
- Contacting Klook for Product Mapping
- Important FYI's
Register with Klook, Creating your Products
You will want to start by registering with Klook (if you don't already have an account with them).
- Fill in the Klook Supplier Registration Form.
- A member of the Klook team will then reach out to you fo more information.
- You will receive a self-onboarding form for you to fill in your product information and upload pictures.
- The Klook team will use the information provided to onboard. In the meantime, they will grant access to the Klook merchant portal where you can view and manage your products on Klook.
- When onboarding is completed (content-wise), the Klook team will send an email with your Klook page preview links for you to review.
- When the activity page is ready, the Klook team will start the product API mapping in their backend.
- A test booking will be done prior to going live!
Creating Klook as a Company in Zaui
All bookings created via API Connectivity automatically appear in Zaui as PAID with the Voucher payment type, therefore it is important Klook is set up as a Wholesale Company in your Zaui system.
To set up Klook as a Wholesale Company:
- From the navigation bar, select Resellers > Companies > Company List. If Klook is not on the list of companies, click Create Company from the shortcuts panel. If it is on the list, click on it to view details.
- Fill out the Company Information section (only Company Name is required, other fields are optional).
- In Rate Type section, select Wholesale Discount/Invoice type and leave all boxes unchecked.
- In Rate Codes section, assign a rate code to Klook based on your negotiated commission/net rate with them and define to which products it applies. This will ensure your reports account for the correct Net Rate. Learn more about rate codes here.
Enabling Klook Channel in Zaui
By default, API Connectivity is disabled to protect your business information. As a business manager/owner, you need to enable this for each Channel Partner and define any applicable rules.
To enable Klook channel:
- From the navigation bar, select Resellers > Channel Partners.
- Click on Klook on api.zaui.io on the list of channel partners.
- In Map reseller to account field within the Channel Information section, select the Klook company created earlier.
- Check Enabled Channel box to turn this channel on.
- If you would like Zaui to also notify you via email every time Klook performs actions via API Connectivity (i.e. pulls a list of available activities, creates, updates, cancels bookings, etc.), check Enable Alerts box and enter email for notifications to be sent to.
If you see a message in the Channel and Exports section saying Your system has not been added to our Zaui I/O Platform. Please contact our office, please contact Zaui using this form or email email@example.com letting us know you would like to enable the Klook channel. Skip this step if this message is not shown.
- In Channel Rules and Controls section, define which activities you want to allow Klook to access via API Connectivity and what rules to apply. Learn more about Channel Rules and Controls here.
- Don't forget to click on Save.
Mapping Products in Klook Supplier Administration Portal
Now that you have created Klook as a Wholesale Agency in Zaui, have enabled their channel and defined its' rules, you will have to let Klook know which of your products on Klook correspond to which activities in Zaui. This process is also called Product Mapping or API Mapping. You can do this by following the steps below or you can contact your Account Manager at Klook for assistance.
To map your Klook product to your Zaui Activity:
- The Klook team will undertake the mapping Zaui IDs to your products published on Klook.
- API Connectivity with Klook currently only supports Standard, Interval and Ticket activities in Zaui. Custom, Point to Point and Rental activities as well as Packages and Merchandise Products CANNOT be connected to Klook.
- Your passenger types in Zaui must exactly match ones on Klook product listing for the connection to work. It is not possible to change mapping for passenger types at this time. Zaui pricing options are cannot be connected.
- Make sure Zaui activity date ranges and start times on Klook are the same.