With Zaui, you can book both public and private Point to Point activities. This article will walk you through how to make a booking for a Charter (or private tour). This process differs from other types of activities in Zaui Core (back office) as you don't need to pre-configure your activity (except for Price Codes) prior to making a booking. There are three steps involved in this process:
Step 1: Building the Charter Booking
- On your Zaui desktop (home page), scroll down to the Queues section at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the Private/Groups button, and click on +Create New.
- Enter the Input Contact details (all fields with * are mandatory). Entering a Group Name will allow you to link multiple bookings together under the same group name.
- Build the initial leg of the charter booking in Input Charter details.
- All fields are optional: you may either select a location from those already configured in your system or enter a unique address in the Specific Address field.
- Select a Tax if previously configured and applicable.
- Add and price any Pricing Option that is configured in your system to add additional options at a custom price.
- You can add more legs to the booking by selecting Add Charter and repeating the above steps.
- Don't forget to click Submit when you are done entering all of those details.
Step 2: Pricing the Charter Booking
Once you have submitted the booking, you will be able to select a base price for it (excluding any pricing options). This section requires you to have pre-configured Price Codes. There are three types of prices to choose from: Charter, Point to Point and Adhoc.
Charter Pricing will allow you to select from a list of pre-configured charter price codes that match your pick-up and drop-off locations.
Charter Price Codes are similar to Point to Point pricing with the exception of two differences: Pricing can be built per vehicle(s) and pricing can be one flat rate as opposed to per passenger. For flat pricing, set the Range from 1-1 as seen below.
|Note that if you choose the flat pricing configuration, you will not be able to select the number of guests (instead it will be 1 as in 1 group of x people at a flat rate).|
Point to Point Pricing will give you a list of pre-configured options in your system based on your pick-up and drop-off locations.
Adhoc Pricing will give you a list of passenger price codes that were pre-configured in your system.
Here, you can select which piece of equipment you would like to assign to this Charter Booking. If you leave this field blank, no equipment will be assigned and you will need to do this manually. See this article for information on manual equipment assignments.
Don't forget to click on Update when you have selected your pricing.
Step 3: Quoting and Confirming a Charter Booking
Once you have updated your pricing selection, you will be brought to the Shopping Cart Contents page.
- Scroll down to the payment section, where you can process your payment.
- If you select Override Pay Later, your charter booking will remain in the Queue on your home desktop as a quote. The booking can be modified or cancelled at this point.
- Once payment has been taken, either partial or full, the quote will move from the Queue to your list of regularly scheduled activities on your desktop for the date(s) it takes place. At this point, you can assign a vehicle to the activity (if you haven't already).
Article is closed for comments.