This article will walk you through the steps involved in changing the activity or date of an existing booking in the back office.
Your customers can also self edit their own bookings online, check out this article for more info.
Steps to Changing the Activity/Date on a Booking in the Back Office
- Search for the Booking in the navigation bar and click on Edit/Modify/Delete .
- Click on the Activity Name to proceed to the Booking Screen.
- Scroll down to the Add and Activity Section and Activity and Passengers and click on to find availability for a new date.
- A new window will populate, where you can click on the calendar to select a new activity or date.
- Once a new activity or date is selected, you can either choose the same activity as before or select a different one if needed.
- Once the activity is selected, the window will close and update your changes.
- Click on Update and Checkout.
- If the activity you are modifying was originally settled to Voucher or Discount as payment methods, you will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Contents page in order to update the payment details. (If the activity was originally settled to other forms of payment, skip to step 14 below).
- You will receive an error message because your activity will no longer match the linked payment transaction.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to update the transaction details.
- Select the appropriate activity to link the voucher or discount to and click on Update Transaction Dates. **Make sure you don't have a voucher assigned to the same activity more than once!**
- Click on Checkout.
- Click Process Booking.
- If the booking has an outstanding balance, you will be prompted to add a payment or a refund prior to reprocessing the booking.
- If you do not wish to add a payment, simply select Override-Pay Later from the Payment Method drop-down menu and then Process Booking.
Please note that a notification email will not be sent out to the customer notifying them of a change in their booking unless you have configured an email for this purpose! For more information on Email Notifications, check out this article.