This article will go over the different ways to cancel a booking, with or without a refund depending on you operational needs.
We're big believers in postponing rather than fully cancelling bookings. Check out this Video Demo on how to issue a Gift Certificate for future use rather than fully refund your customer:
Cancelling a Booking With a Refund
- From the navigation bar, search for the booking you need to cancel using the Search Bar.
- On the next screen, click on the Edit/Modify/Delete Button next to the booking you wish to cancel.
- You will be brought to the Shopping Cart Contents page where you can click on at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, scroll down to the bottom and select the desired Method of Payment (usually it is the same that was used to pay for the original reservation) to refund to.
- Enter all refund details, including Amount to Process.
In order to keep your reports clean and accurate, if the activity you are modifying was originally settled to voucher or discount, be sure that the refund is the exact inverse of the original transaction. ie - same Company, Discount Type, Voucher Number, Amount, etc.
- Click Apply Refund.
- Once all payments have been refunded and the full balance of the reservation is outstanding, click Cancel Booking.
It is common to assume once the refund is processed that the booking has been cancelled, but until you click Cancel Booking, it is still active!
Cancelling a Booking Without a Refund
There are circumstances where you will cancel a booking but perhaps due to your cancellation policies, no refund is to be provided back to the customer.
- Follow steps 1 through 2 (above) from Cancelling a Reservation with a Refund to bring up the reservation in question.
- You will then be brought to the Shopping Cart Contents page where you can click on at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, scroll down to the bottom and simply click on .