Zaui comes with the ability to set-up integrations with other platforms.
Follow these steps to check out what platforms Zaui is currently integrated with:
- From the navigation bar, select Settings > Manage Add-Ons and Integrations.
- Here, you will see a list of available integrations you can enable in your Zaui system.
This article will specifically touch on Smartwaiver integration. Here's an intro video that will go over the Smartwaiver integration, followed by written instructions below.
This article will cover the following topics:
- Why use Online Waivers?
- Who is this for?
- How to Connect Smartwaiver with Zaui
- Smartwaiver Webhook Settings
- The Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
Why use Online Waivers?
The waiver signing process can be a big pain for you and your customers. Smartwaiver is a simple paperless solution that gets rid of clipboards, missing waiver information, and filing cabinets. Speed up guest check-ins by having them complete their waivers ahead of time and provide tablets at your location for any guests to complete the waiver on the day of their tour. All the information is stored in a database for easy retrieval at any time.
Who is this for?
Zaui customers who require their guests sign a waiver: Adrenaline sports companies like Ziplines, bungee jumping, rafting, heli-skiing. Rental companies like bike rentals, ski rentals, jet ski rentals.
How to Connect Smartwaiver with Zaui
There are 4 steps involved in Connecting Smartwaiver with Zaui:
Step 1: Create an Account with Smartwaiver
- You will first need to create an account with Smartwaiver. Go to their website and sign-up for a free 30-day trial.
Step 2: Create your Smartwaiver API Key
- Once you have created an account, log-in here, and create your Smartwaiver API Key,
ie - [COMPANY NAME] waiver.
Copy the API key from the API Key for V4 box, (not the API Key for V3!).
- Then, go back to your Zaui system. From the navigation bar, select Settings > Manage Add-Ons and Integrations.
- Click on the Smartwaiver Settings button.
- Enable the integration, paste in the API Key from Smartwaiver and Save Settings.
Step 3: Create your Waiver
- If you have your own waiver template, copy the text from it into the Smartwaiver editing tool.
- Add custom questions and set-up your preferences.
- If you need any help with this, contact the Smartwaiver support team here.
Step 4: Link your Waiver to your tours that require it
- Navigate to your tour settings page within Zaui.
- Expand the Advanced Settings in the Activity Name/Date Information section and select the appropriate waiver for the tour.
Smartwaiver Webhook Settings
In order to update Zaui when a waiver is signed in Smartwavier, you'll need to:
- Go to the Options section in your Smartwaiver account (not in Zaui), and check the Send webhook for this waiver box.
- Enter your webhook endpoint. Use this link: https://[your Zaui system name].zaui.net/webservices/smartwaiver/processSmartWaiverWebhook.php
Be sure to replace [your Zaui system name] with your actual system name! For example https://zauisightseeing.zaui.net/webservices/smartwaiver/processSmartWaiverWebhook.php
- For the Email Validation, select Do not wait for email validation. Fire a Webhook immediately after the document is completed.
- Complete any remaining sections and publish your waiver.