In this article, we covered how to create Standard Packages. The article below will go over creating multi-day itinerary packages.
This article will cover the following topics:
- What is the Multi-Day Itinerary Package best used for?
- Creating Package Categories
- Creating Multi-Day Itinerary Packages
What is the Multi-Day Itinerary Package best used for?
The multi-day package tool is best used when there is travel involved, a need to end in a certain location, on a scheduled day/time or needs to happen in a set order. This provides operators with the ability to set accurate parameters when creating more complex tour packages.
How do I create a Package Category?
Before creating your multi-day itinerary package, make sure you have created a Package Category your package will fall under.
- From the navigation bar, select Products > Manage Packages > Categories.
- Click Create Category from the shortcuts panel.
- Enter the Category Name and select an image.
- By selecting Publish To Website, this category is available to book online.
- Select Always published to default booking engine if you wish to have this category available on the online booking engine. (If you wish to create a separate internet portal for packages to display instead of the default engine, do not select this option).
How do I create a Multi-Day Itinerary Package?
Before creating your packages, always ensure you have first created your activities/products you will add to your packages. Once your Category is created, follow the below steps to build your package!
- From the navigation bar, select Products > Manage Packages > Manage All Packages.
- Select Create Multi Day Itinerary from the shortcuts panel.
- Enter the Package Name.
- Select a Category that you have previously created.
- Upload an Image.
File size must be less than 781.25 KB, at least 765px x 430px and must be .jpg / .jpeg
- Set the Start Date and End Date of your package.
Internet Booking Configuration
- By selecting Publish To Internet, this package is available to book online.
- Select the types of passengers you wish to allow to book the package.
If your package offers different available dates for different times of the year, make sure you configure this at the activity level. Once you configure your activity, you will then want to add it to your newly created package. For more information on setting activity dates, check out the Activity Name/Date Information section of this article.
Pickup and Drop off Locations
Pickup and Drop off locations on standard activities within a package will also have to be configured within the activity itself. For more information on setting up the pickup and drop off locations, check out the Pickup/Dropoff Locations section of this article.
Pricing and Component Configuration
- Select Add to open up the pricing configuration.
- Set whether you wish the package pricing to be based on Activity Date or on Purchase Date.
- Set a Start and End Date.
- Set the Commission Rate (note - setting the commission code here will override rate codes set to Agencies and Consultants. See hierarchy of Rate Codes in this article).
- Set the Pricing Code.
- Add all activities that will be included in this package, and add the price for each one, ensuring that the total for all activities equals the set price.
- Zaui will notify you if the component sums do not add up to the set price.
- Enter the Short Description (will become part of the activity title when browsing Internet search engines).
- Enter the Primary Activity Description (viewable when is clicked on the desktop and displays as the main description on the online booking engine).
- Enter Additional Information (viewable on the customer's itinerary after making a booking and displays as a secondary description on the online booking engine).
- Don't forget to scroll back to the top of the page and click Save.