Depending on your operational needs, or the needs of your customers, you might need a separate booking for each customer, even though they are booking together.
Why Split Customers in a Booking?
Great question! Here are a couple of reasons why you may want to do so:
- Capturing individual customer details. When making a booking in Zaui, the system usually only requires the First and Last name of the lead passenger. Splitting those customers would enable you to capture additional information regarding each customer booked.
- Handling payment differently.
How do I Split Customers into Separate Bookings?
There are a couple of methods to do this:
- Physically creating two different reservations, one at a time.
- If you are booking all of the customers at the same time, you can split them at the time of the first payment transaction.
Splitting at the time of the First Payment
- Create the booking as you normally would (see this article for more information on creating a booking).
- Enter the details of the lead customer. For passengers, only enter 1 passenger.
- In the Activity and Passengers section of Add Activity, click on Add Guest. This is where you will be able to add customers AND enter their contact information.
- Continue this process for all of the customers participating in this activity.
- Click on Add and Checkout when you are done.
- The Shopping Cart Contents page will display details for each customer added separately, including the price per customer.
- At the time of checkout, select a payment method, and check off the box that reads Split Booking Into Individuals. The purpose of this is to allow a deposit payment at the time of the group booking and have it equally applied to all new reservations.
Here is what the confirmation email looks like when the Split Booking into Individuals flag is not checked:
Here is what the confirmation email(s) look like when the Split Booking into Individuals flag is checked (each customer on the booking receives their own confirmation email):