This article will go over how to provide a refund to a customer on a booking, without cancelling the booking. For example, you may want to provide your customer with a partial refund as a customer service recovery gesture.
- From the navigation bar, search for the booking you need to provide a refund for.
- On the next screen, click on Edit/Modify/Delete button next to the booking you wish to provide a refund for.
- You will be brought to the Shopping Cart Contents page where you can click on Cancel/Refund Booking at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, scroll down to the bottom and select the desired Method of Payment (usually it is the same that was used to pay for the original reservation) to refund.
- Enter all refund details, including Reason for Refund, Specific Refund Details and Amount to Process.
- The PNREF Number on Transaction is related to the credit card transaction record. There is usually just one option to select unless payment was taken on multiple credit cards.
In order to keep your reports clean and accurate, if the activity you are modifying was originally settled to voucher or discount, be sure that the refund is the exact inverse of the original transaction. ie - same Company, Discount Type, Voucher Number, Amount, etc.
- Click Apply Refund.
- Scroll down to the bottom again and select Pay Later Refund
- Click Apply Refund and the booking will be processed.
|If you make a credit card refund with multiple payment gateways set up, the refund will automatically be processed through the same payment gateway as the original transaction.
That processor does not need to be activated within Zaui, but does need to have an active account attached to it. Therefore, if making a switch in payment gateways, allow for a 30 day overlap period before closing the former account. This will ensure that any necessary refunds can still be processed in your system.