Before learning how to set-up an Interval activity, please make sure you have completed the following (wherever applicable):
This article will cover the following topics:
- Defining Interval Activities
- Where do I go to create a new activity?
- Activity Name/Date Information
- Internet Booking Configuration
- Activity Notes and Restrictions
- Pricing Information
- Taxation Information
- Capacity and Inventory Assignment
- Activity Description
- Activity Specific Cancellation/Reservation Policies
Defining Interval Activities
|Interval Activities: An activity that occurs multiple times per day at set interval times. This activity-type does not allow for equipment assignment.
Ex. Zipline Adventure, Ropes Course, Wine Tasting
Where do I go to create a new activity?
- From the navigation bar, select Activities > Activity List.
- Click on the Activity type you wish to create on the shortcuts panel (in this case, select Interval).
- You will be brought to your Basic Settings tab, which is where the majority of your configuration occurs.
Activity Name/Date Information
As soon as you have saved your new activity, the system will auto-generate a unique Activity ID which is useful for differentiating between similarly-named activities. The Activity ID will also need to be provided for OTA connections.
- Enter a Name for your activity.
- Select a Category Name (which should have previously been created).
- Enter the Activity Location (where does this activity take place).
- Insert an Image and Image Caption to display on your online booking engine. The Zaui online booking engine is image-heavy, so you want to ensure you upload high-resolution images.
File size must be less than 781.25 KB, at least 765px x 430px and must be .jpg / .jpeg
- Set the Start Date and End Date.
- Select which days of the week this activity will be offered on in by ticking the appropriate boxes beside Days Available.
- Set the Start Time and End Time. For example, you are offering a tour every 2 hours from 8 am to 6 pm, you would enter 08:00 for your Start Time and 18:00 for your End Time.
If your interval activity is offered at inconsistent times (ie - one at 8 am, then another at 11 am, then another at 130 pm etc.), Zaui allows you to block off activity times. This means you can block off time slots in between the times you are running your tour to create your schedule. To find out more about setting up activity cancellations, check out this article.
- Enter the Activity Duration.
- By selecting Includes Meal, customers will be prompted to select a lunch when making a booking.
Internet Booking Configuration
Check the Publish to Internet? flag if you wish to allow this activity to be booked on your front-end website.
For the passenger types settings, you can customize which are enabled and redefine them if needed. If you leave the User Defined field blank, the system will use the default definitions.
Keep in mind that the customization you make here is specific to this activity. To customize your passenger-types system-wide, check out this article.
The Advanced Settings tabs allow further customization.
Activity online booking threshold time allows you to configure a minimum time limit (for example, if you put in 24, this means customers cannot book within 24 hours of the activity), as well as for a maximum time limit (for example, if you put in 72, the online booking engine will only show options until 72 hours into the future).
A popular flag is the Require individual guest details, for companies that require guest details for each person booked on an activity.
The Activity Web Sort Priority box allows you to organize the order in which each of your activities will display, both online and in Zaui Core (back office). A priority of 1 will put the activity at the top of the list. A value of 0 (default) does not consider priority and will place the activity below any prioritized tours.
Activity Notes and Restrictions
This section is where you can attach any Activity Notes/Restrictions that you have created.
To create Activity Notes/Restrictions,
- From the navigation bar, Select Settings > Online Booking > Notes & Restrictions.
- Click on Create Note/Restriction on the shortcuts panel.
- Note that the text field is limited to 100 character counts.
- Click on Save.
- These notes will be displayed on the activity and checkout pages of the online booking engine, as seen below.
This section is where you will attach the price codes that you have previously created. Check out this article for information on how to create price codes. If you are offering different prices on different date ranges, you can attach more than one price code.
This section is also where you can add price codes that are either based on the Activity Date or the Purchase Date. For example, you would like to offer a cheaper price for bookings made from November 2020 to March 2021 for your April-June 2021 tours, and a regular price for bookings made during your operating season. For this example, make sure you base your activity price on the Purchase Date.
When entering the start and end date of your price code, ensure the end date is always past the end date of the activity (in Activity Name/Date Information section) to prevent any pricing errors.
You can enter a Start and End Time associated with a particular price code if your pricing fluctuates based on the time of the activity offered. For example, a Whale Watching company offers cheaper rates for their afternoon tours vs. their morning tours.
Only taxes that have been previously created will be listed in this section. Check out this article for information on how to create taxes/fees.
Enabling When booking this activity apply all per person per day charges will apply the tax per person, per day for Rental or Multi-Day activities. This flag needs to be enabled in conjunction with the Per Person Per Day taxes mentioned in this article.
Capacity and Inventory Assignment
This section is where you will attach equipment or set the capacity for your activity. Please check out this article for information on how to create and assign capacity/inventory onto each different type of activity.
Pickup/Dropoff Locations are not used for Interval activities so you can ignore this section.
Short Description Line 1: This field will be part of your page title when customers view this activity on the online booking engine. The description here will be important for any search engine placement.
Primary Activity Description: This field is where you will want to provide your customers with details about your activity. This information will be displayed online before the customer purchases the activity as well as on the Zaui Core (back office) dashboard, by hovering or clicking on the I icon.
Additional Activity Information: This field will be visible by the customer on the online booking engine as well as on email confirmations.
Ticket Text: This field will only display on Point of Sale tickets.
Activity Specific Cancellation/Reservation Policy
You learned where to add your overall company Terms and Policies under System Settings. This section is where you may wish to add activity-specific cancellation/reservation policies. For example, perhaps you would like customers to know before they purchase one of your tours that there is a 4 passenger minimum requirement to run this specific tour.
- In your activity set-up page, you will want to select the Additional Settings tab.
- Scroll down to Activity Specific Cancellation/Reservation Policy and enter the activity-specific policies here.
- Don't forget to click Save.
- You will now be able to see Cancellation Policies on the Online Booking Engine's specific Activity Booking page.