Thank you for choosing Zaui Software! We're excited to help you get set up for success. In this article, you will learn the basics of configuring your own system.
Before we get started, make sure you are logged in to your Zaui System with the credentials provided to you by the Zaui team (http://www.companyname.zaui.net).
Once logged in, select Settings > Company Info from the main home page.
Below are the topics we will cover in this article:
- What do I do with the Company Info?
- Company Information
- Business Hours
- Localization Settings
- Email Settings
- Passenger/Guest Types
- Zaui User Interface Settings
- Reservation Policies
What do I do with Company Info?
The Zaui Onboarding Team will enter all of the necessary information from your welcome package to get you started. If you are new to Zaui, we highly recommend reading through the settings to familiarize yourself with what is available to you. There are a number of auto-selected system setting flags that will get you started. As you begin to use Zaui, you can adjust these settings to suit your business needs.
When adding your company logo please ensure the image is formatted as a.jpg or .jpeg. It needs to be less than 30k or 150px by 45px. This logo will appear in the Zaui Core (Back Office), as well as on all guest itineraries.
Don't see your logo after you've uploaded it? Try refreshing your screen or clearing your browser cache and cookies.
Business Hours are important if your company offers equipment rentals. These hours will determine the times during which your equipment can be rented. If your hours change throughout the season, you can select the button and use the date ranges to reflect that change.
The time format you select will control how your reservations staff and customers view the time. When creating activities and packages, 24 hour time is required.
- Sender E-mail: The e-mail address that customers see their confirmation e-mails coming from and that will receive any bouncebacks for e-mails not delivered. There can only be one e-mail in this field.
- Reservations E-mail: The e-mail address that will receive notifications that an online booking has been made (if you have the option checked within your booking engines). You can have multiple e-mail addresses in this field—separate them with semi-colons.
- System alert E-mail: The e-mail address that will receive notifications when there are errors, warnings, or an activity nearing capacity. You can have multiple e-mail addresses separated with semi-colons. (You can set when these e-mails are sent with the Nearing Capacity Threshold field).
- Enable Web Booking Alert Email: Enable this if you would like to receive an email when a new web booking is made.
- Enable Nearing Capacity Alert Email: Enable if you would like to receive an email when an activity is nearing capacity.
- Nearing Capacity Threshold: This value will be used to determine a nearing capacity threshold. It will determine, on your desktop, at what point Zaui begins to show graduated colours as an activity begins to approach sell out.
Passenger Type Configuration
You have 5 main passenger types you can set within your system. There is another setting to control these types within each specific activity. If nothing is selected within an activity, the default configuration will be used.
The Abbreviations will be displayed on the itinerary of a booking.
Using your Zaui User Interface Settings
Control how you want your Zaui's interface to perform, look and feel.
- Commission Calculations: Select this if you want your commission to be calculated before or after taxes and discounts.
- Net Rate Calculation: This is used for wholesalers to determine whether net rates should be calculated before or after taxes.
- Auto send email notification to clients will automatically send out the email itinerary confirmation to your customers at the time the booking is made. If you choose not to have this automatically done, you can use the interface to manually send out the email confirmation.
- Auto send email notification to affiliates will automatically send out the email itinerary confirmation to your affiliates at the time the booking is created in Zaui Core (Back Office) under their name.
- Send individual activity PDFs with email to customer will automatically create and send individual PDF activity vouchers in the email to your customers once a back-office booking is made.
- Send Bar Code images in email will automatically create and send individual bar codes for each item on the customer booking. These are created as individual images and can then be used for automated check-in when scanning the bar code. By default, the Zaui System will send a QRCode (or 2D bar code) for each activity on the booking.
- Send ICS calendar attachments in email will automatically attach and send ICS (Internal Calendar Scheduling) files for each booking notification. This allows customers to easily add events to their calendar directly from their email.
- Employee/Equipment Assignment: These flags will allow you to assign employees and equipment to multiple activities even if they overlap.
- Auto-populate Country drop-downs allows you to automatically pre-populate all the country and country of origin based on the country you have configured in your System Settings.
- Number of passengers to show on dropdowns allows you to control how many customers can be reserved in a single booking.
- Include tax in web bookings will update the price (with or without tax) when an activity is added to the basket.
- Lock all reservations after booking has completed allows you to control the amount of days a booking can be edited after the components have been completed. Administrators are able to edit bookings outside of this set value.
- Enable Check-in on same-day activities will force Zaui to check for all other activities occurring on the same day and prompt the user to also check in the customer on those other activities.
- Show Require Opt-in will display these flags on the Zaui Core (Back Office) booking screen and prompt customers to flag the field on online bookings.
- Allow reservation logins to over-book activities with prompt will allow reservations staff to overbook activities. The system will log the user's name, time and adjustment to capacity.
- Display airline/flight details at the time of booking Zaui Core (Back Office) will display airline/flight details in the Zaui Core (Back Office)for your reservations staff. The same information can be set/displayed for online bookings, and this is controlled in your portal setup.
- Enable Gratuities on Zaui mobile apps enables the opportunity for the customer to offer a gratuity when paying by credit card on Zaui's mobile apps.
- Hide Cancelled Interval Time slots allows the user to hide all cancelled interval time slots from the interval time slot selection screen (Recommended!). This is only relevant for Interval activities.
- Bookings / Reservations - Rentals
- Only X equipment are available for reservation at any one time allows the user to control how many pieces of equipment can be rented at one time. New equipment cannot be booked once the maximum has been reached, even if it is otherwise available. When bookings are completed, and the equipment is returned, the system will allow new equipment (or the same equipment) to be booked. This setting cannot be overwritten; for example, if you set it to 3 pieces of equipment, the system will prevent you from placing bookings on 4 pieces of equipment at overlapping times and you cannot override it.
- Ticket Pricing:
- Auto check guest in when tickets are printed forces Zaui to auto-check customers in at the time the tickets are printed. Customers will automatically be checked in for all components on the booking when this is enabled.
- Desktop: Controls the view of the Dashboard in Zaui Core (Back Office) of Zaui.
- System Work Flow Queues Controls: Found on the Reservations Page.
Trap all bookings without pick-up locations and with an outstanding balance owing control which bookings are caught in the queue by type of capture and dates past and forward from the calendar date.
Accepted Payment Types: select which payment types will be accepted in Zaui Core (Back Office).
- Default items per page control the list size per page throughout the system. For example in agents, activity lists, rate codes.
- Suggested min(s) to be ready before departure appears on the itinerary to let the customer know when to be ready for the tour or pick-up. This appears in standard and point to point activities.
- System Logging
- API Activity. If your company is using the API it is important that you enable this flag. When this flag is selected, API requests are tracked and can be analyzed if there is ever an issue.
The policy that is entered here will be attached to every guest itinerary. This is a company-wide reservation policy.
For example, Reservations that are cancelled with less than 24-hours notice will be charged in full.
Individual Activity Policies can be controlled from Activity Settings.
The policy will also appear on the front end Online Booking Engine. The guest will need to flag the 'Policy and Terms' box before completing a credit card transaction.